Saturday, September 28, 2013

Swimming Noodle Flowers


I've been trying to spice up my home without adding paint to the walls. (this is a rule we are enforcing since in 3 to 4 years we will probably be on the move again and it's easier to sale a home with untainted walls). So for the girls bathroom we made some awesome hot pink and bright orange flowers using swimming noodles. These were so easy to make and look amazing. Every time my Olivia (4-years old) walks into the bathroom she ooo's and awww's at her beautiful flower wall and shouts "oh mom, I love it"!

What you need for this project: Swimming noodles, I would say at least two colors but you can use whatever floats your boat.  A sharp knife, sewing cutting mat with measurements and a glue gun. Tape or nails to put flowers on the wall.

I cut my flowers 1 inch thick and the center a half inch. Once all your petals and centers are cut use your glue gun to stick everything together. If your glue gun allows you to heat it up on a low setting do this! I learned from experience that if the glue's too hot it will melt the noodles instead of gluing them together.

Once your five petals are attached add glue to the outside edge of your center piece and press down for a few seconds to ensure it's in place.

Final step is adding them to the walls. You can place them however you want. We went for a pattern but the sky's the limit! I used heavy duty clear tape to put these on the walls, you could also stick a nail in the wall and hang them.

This is a fun, inexpensive way to add a little flair to any boring wall! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment